Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: What holds the release (was: mouse-1-click-follows-link)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 00:38:39 -0400

    Oh, I got a bit carried away. It's not been three years of "freeze",
    and I don't know the exact date the freeze was decided, but I've just
    read a message by me on Nov, 4, 2002 discussing the exact same issues
    that we're discussing today

So what?  I don't think it makes any difference when these issues
began to be be discussed.

I believe I started updating the manual about a year and a half ago,
or a little longer, but then I did not have time to reread it myself
to look for errors.  And it took a long time to get other people to
start reading it.  That was a big job, and we could not do the release
without it.  Now it is mostly done, but not entirely.