Re: File menu changes (suggestions)

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: File menu changes (suggestions)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 22:01:05 -0400

        We refer to the buffer on purpose: we want users to see Emacs
        terminology even in the menus, and even when the menus are following
        established UI guidelines and use standard entries like "New" and
        "Close".

    Why then do we use Paste instead of Yank?

Each one of these words is a different issue.
Please do not start arguments based on a mistaken
idea that they should be treated uniformly.
That kind of discussion is not useful, and it is a waste
of time.  We consider these issues one by one.