next-line advancing two lines.

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: next-line advancing two lines.
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 15:43:15 +0100

Since updating from CVS today, next-line and previous-line are moving two lines at a time inside certain source files once the cursor is past the initial comment block. This appears to be triggered by loading ECB (http://ecb.sourceforge.net). I can reproduce it by the following:

emacs -q --no-site-file

M-: (require 'ecb)
C-x C-f emacs/lisp/abbrev.el
C-s Code:
C-n
C-n

The second C-n fails.

Note that ecb only needs to be loaded, not activated for the bug to show itself. I have Cc'ed Klaus Berndl, the maintainer of ECB, as he may know what side-effects merely loading ECB has, so we can come up with a simpler test case.