From: Lennart Borgman
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:19:27 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Could not the actual keyboard shortcuts be used instead?

You mean, C-w etc.?  They invoke different functions.
<cut> etc are not very helpful. Most people have a pc. I just searched Info to see if I could find out what <cut> could be for key. I found no information.

Those names in the menus are not helpful to me at least. If there are some keyboard keys on some computers named like that and Emacs uses appropriate key bindings for those, why do they have to appear in the menus? Is not those C-w (and what more???) better candidates? Would it not be better for those wanting to learn Emacs?