Re: configure-more.zip

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: configure-more.zip
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 13:12:44 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

<rant>
Why send it as a .zip file in a binary attachment, when all you want
to send is plain text for inclusion in configure.bat?
</rant>
Because sending a bat-file was not allowed.

Finally, I think the Windows build needs neither `find' nor `xargs'.
Can you tell where you saw them used?
When building info files I believed, but that may be wrong. I might also have been when I was trying to make things working using MSYS I saw that and draw a bad conclusion. But all this was quite a while ago.

Therefore, I suggest the following strategy for solving the -kb issue:
put a small C program into the nt subdirectory which would read
nt/configure.bat, nt/nmake.defs, and nt/makefile.w32-in in binary mode
and make sure they have the right line endings; if they don't, this
program would fail.  Then have this program invoked by "make bootstrap"
in the nt directory.

Would you like to implement this solution?
You mean build and run this program at the end of configure.bat? Would not "make bootstrap" be too late? Yes, it seems like a better solution. I will try.