Re: Some error info from configure.bat please

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Some error info from configure.bat please
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 14:32:12 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 11:32:11 +0200
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>

Could configure.bat provide some info when something goes wrong? It is enough to set an environment variable (configureerr?) to 1 for example.

What would you like to do with that indication?  (We already have
config.log with the log of failures during configure.)
I would like to use this in a cmd file to see if the build should continue after config.bat.

My config.log looks like this:

   gcc -c junk.c
   junk.c:1:29: cygwin/version.h: No such file or directory
   The failed program was:
   #include "cygwin/version.h"
   main(){}
   gcc -Id:/g/include -c junk.c
   gcc -c -O2 -mtune=pentium4 junk.c
   cc1.exe: invalid option `tune=pentium4'
   The failed program was:
   main(){}
   gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
   gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
   gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
   gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj
   gcc -Id:/g/include  -c junk.c -o junk.obj

Does it give me any information I can check from the cmd file?

This would make it much easier to do supply working command files for automatic building of Emacs under w32.

What ``working command files'' are we talking about?

My own. I use to upload copies of them to the net.