Re: AltGr finger twisters documented?

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: AltGr finger twisters documented?
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 12:45:40 +0200

> After an exchange of comments on the Emacs wiki, that left me wondering...
> Is there any place in the Emacs documentation that explains that you
> *can* type C-M-@, C-@, C-M-\, C-\ and C-] on an AltGr-challenged
> keyboard, *provided* that you use the right order, i.e., AltGr, right
> Ctrl, and then the modified key?
> For example, on my Spanish keyboard:
>    C-M-@ => AltGr RCtrl Alt 2
>    C-@   => AltGr RCtrl 2
>    C-M-\ => AltGr RCtrl Alt º
>    C-\   => AltGr RCtrl º
>    C-]   => AltGr RCtrl +
> It is non-obvious: it doesn't work if you press other key before
> AltGr, or if you use left control.

Actually, on my Danish PC keyboard, C-\ can be entered just fine
using either of

       LCtrl AltGr <
       AltGr LCtrl <

My setup:

In GNU Emacs (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2005-07-04 on kfs-l.imdomain.dk
X server distributor `The XFree86 Project, Inc', version 11.0.40300000
Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil