Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected

From: LENNART BORGMAN
Subject: Re: w32-pass-lwindow-to-system does not work as expected
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 10:36:45 +0200

From: Jason Rumney <address@hidden>

> You also need to remove the hook whenever Emacs crashes. That is more
> difficult, and the reason why I would be reluctant to start playing

Yes, that is very important I guess. Are there not any exception handlers
capable of handling this in Emacs?

> If my reading of the docs is correct, this will prevent Emacs from
> seeing lwindow keys altogether. If you return true from a low level
> keyboard hook, you must handle the key inside the hook. Since you want
> to use lwindow as a modifier key, you'll then need to handle all the
> keys that it modifies in the hook as well, and you'll end up doing all
> your own keyboard mapping, as Eli said.

Eh, thanks, forgot to send it on. Argumenting is not always easy when you get
much resistance.

As I said earlier this could perhaps be done with a private message that is the
equivalence of WM_KEYDOWN for just <lwindow>. But maybe then the modifiers must
be handled as well?

Could the message instead just be repackaged and sent on to the emacs keyboard
thread for <lwindow>? Does that interfere with message order if SendMessage is
used?