Re: Editing exportet registry files

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Editing exportet registry files
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 15:35:54 +0200

On 7/7/05, Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> wrote:

> When you prefer that coding system, Emacs communicates with
> a process by utf-16le-with-signature, so it's not surprising
> that vc-diff doesn't work.

I never doubted there was a good reason ;-)

So, is there any way to convince Emacs that I want to put
utf-16le-with-signature high in the list of coding systems to try when
reading a file (with find-file), and not when communicating with
processes, etc.? Basically I want to use latin-9 for everything, but I
want to be able to do C-x C-f my-utf-16-file and get it decoded right.

> As I've never used saveplace.el, I don't know why it doesn't
> work.  Please describe the problem in more detail.

I'll try to repeat the problem as soon as I get time.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u