Re: SPC in custom-mode

From: Peter Whaite
Subject: Re: SPC in custom-mode
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2005 16:34:42 -0400

> Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > SPC in custom buffers currently always scrolls the buffer. I do not
> > think this is the expected behaviour by most users.

And BSPC scrolls it backwards just like 'less', which is what I expect,
and what I like.

> > A common use of SPC (web browsers, w32 programs) is to "push the button"
> > when keyboard focus is on the button. I think that would be better - at
> > least when focus is on a button.

Thats in dialogs (not browser windows e.g.), and there I always use ENTER for
pushing buttons.  I do that in custom buffers too.

Per Abrahamsen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I believe the choice of bindings was made to mimic info mode.  If the
> binding is changed in customize, info mode should also be changed.

Perhaps info mode was made to mimic less :-).

Must we always go the windows gui route?  Being able to use the left
mouse to push buttons is a good change, but I prefer to retain the unixy
less-like behaviour for scrolling around in read only buffers.

--
Peter Whaite