Re: enabled commands should go into custom-file

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: enabled commands should go into custom-file
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:11:09 +0100

On 12 Jul 2005, at 10:32, Sébastien Kirche wrote:

My .emacs is often and highly modified by hand and I don't like any automatic modification thus I defined custom-file so that the customize
interface will have its own configuration file to play with.

I second that. .emacs (or whatever is defined) should be left untouched.
custom-file is what it is for.
The fact that both are the same by default hides issues like that.

Also, it might make sense to reevaluate such supposedly confusing commands. I was more confused by the novice-question - after all I typed M-x upcase-region, and it did what I expected.

I suppose the only thing that could be confusing is if it is bound to some simple key combination. But it times of Undo, is something like this novice lock still sensible for something like upcase-region?