Re: obsolete comment in tool-bar.el

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: obsolete comment in tool-bar.el
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 12:52:20 -0400

       I forgot that the argument to defcustom gets evaluated outside the
       :initialize function.  I will implement another solution.

I don't think so.  Here's the body of `defcustom':

  (nconc (list 'custom-declare-variable
               (list 'quote symbol)
               (list 'quote value)
               doc)
         args))

And here's what custom-initialize-set does:

  (unless (default-boundp symbol)
    (funcall (or (get symbol 'custom-set) 'set-default)
             symbol
             (if (get symbol 'saved-value)
                 (eval (car (get symbol 'saved-value)))
               (eval value)))))

I think your code was right, so please reinstall it.

What led you to think this was wrong?