Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 13:36:19 -0400

    >     Yes, I think Windows-specific appendix in the manual is sorely needed,
    >     to at least describe all those w32-SOMETHING functions and variables,
    >     if nothing else.
    >
    > I would rather not put them in the printed Lisp Manual.

    I was talking about user-level features and the User's Manual, not the
    Lisp Manual.

The appendix that is suggested does not belong in the Emacs Manual.

There already is a section on Windows usage in the Emacs Manual.  But
it is not the mission of the Emacs Manual to "describe all those
w32-SOMETHING functions and variables", any more than it is its mission
to describe all the functions and variables that are NOT specifically
for Windows.

In nearly every aspect of Emacs, _completeness is not the goal_.
Would people please stop making suggestions that we aim to do this or
that in _complete_ manner?