Re: completing-read (and M-x) with pop-up-frames non-nilchangesframefocu

From: Jan D.
Subject: Re: completing-read (and M-x) with pop-up-frames non-nilchangesframefocus
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 00:57:39 +0200

My bad. So users must set it, to tell Emacs about the window manager. But couldn't the default value be defined reasonably for a few common window
    managers?

In most window managers, this behavior is customizable.  And I don't
know if there is even a way to find out which window manager is
running, on most systems.  I don't know if there is a way to find out
what the setting is.

You can check if a window manager is running, but not which. You can not find out which focus model it uses. Besides, some window managers have more than than the two discussed here. For example, sloppy mouse, which is kind of in between mouse and click.

    Jan D.