Re: emacs & MAXPATHLEN

From: Alfred M\. Szmidt
Subject: Re: emacs & MAXPATHLEN
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 13:53:20 +0200

   I also wonder whether we should keep the "#ifdef MAXPATHLEN"
   branch, or just use the loop below on all platforms that have

If MAXPATHLEN is defined, it should be respected, if you try to use a
file name that is longer than MAXPATHLEN then the behaviour of the
system is undefined.  Maybe just something like:

  if (buf_size >= MAXPATHLEN)

Would be sufficient for platforms with MAXPATHLEN, and then just use
that in the loop.