Re: address@hidden: Info on define-minor-mode - :init-valueor :initial-v

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Info on define-minor-mode - :init-valueor :initial-value?]
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:45:46 -0400

       For cases which are more complex, you'd use custom-initialize-default
       and then write (if foo-mode (foo-mode 1)) at the end of the file.

    If we are willing to change define-minor-mode, then I do not believe
    that there is any need for the more complex method, unless there is
    some reason why the define-minor-mode can not be delayed until all
    functions called by the minor mode have been defined.

Sometimes it is inconvenient to order things that way.  So let's
document this as an optional method.