Re: lisp/url/*.el "add year"

From: ttn
Subject: Re: lisp/url/*.el "add year"
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:22:50 -0400

   From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:49:19 -0400

   I am sure they were added to Emacs after Emacs 21.  I don't think they
   were in Emacs at all before 2004.  However, I cannot be entirely sure.
   Is there some way to use CVS to find out?

probably it's best to use the ChangeLog.  i don't mind using only CVS
but that means i'd have to figure out what our practices with it should
have been (ideally), and have been (actually, generally), and lastly,
have been (actually, specifically); since CVS doesn't track "movement
info" verifiably on its own.

which brings me to a realization of a mistake i just made (drat): i have
updated several files to use "2002, 2003, 2004, 2005" without checking
whether or not they were added after 2002.  i will fix those soon.  (i'm
a slow learner, please excuse the noise.)

for these fixes and for lisp/url/*.el and other updates, i will look at
the ChangeLog files for "New file" or similar, tracing back through
"Moved from" or "Imported from" or "Renamed from" (or similar), to find
the year of the original addition.

thi