Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:13:54 +0200

On 8/6/05, Robert J. Chassell <address@hidden> wrote:
>     ... some of us just do not know how to do it.  Could those of you
>     that are using some mail client in Emacs on w32 ...
>
> Microsoft is a corporation that endeavors to restrict both your
> economic freedom and mine.  By that decision it has decided to require
> either that I behave illegally or that I transfer resources to it in a
> non-economic fashion.  I have not done either and cannot help you
> directly.

Sorry, Robert, but this is ridiculous. Lennart asks for people who's
using an email client on w32, and you do help by saying "I don't", and
then the usual rants about Microsoft.

I know the politics of software freedom is on-topic on this list
(judging by Richard's posts). But some of us *do* use Windows, MS-DOS,
OS X and other non-free operating systems.

Speaking for myself and no one else, I strongly think that getting
political answers to technical questions, and in particular political
tirades that are not new, that won't change my stance, and which do
not add anything new to the debate is absurd.

Perhaps some day I will abandon propriety operating systems (I would
if there were a single GNU/Linux distribution I felt I was not going
to hate in a few months), but if I do, it most definitely *won't be*
because of your's (or anyone else's) rebukes. When I read paragraphs
like the one above, I feel I'm being severely patronized, as if I were
a child who doesn't know better.

Not very nice, IMO.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u