Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 15:22:37 +0200

On 08 Aug 2005 08:17:05 -0400, Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> wrote:

> it is good that you know what kinds of things you find insulting, the
> trick now is to use this self-knowledge to munge what you can munge.

Perhaps I'm a bit trigger happy (this list has that effect on me
sometimes), but what you're saying dangerously treads the patronizing
border too, at least IM0. I don't entirely understand why should I be
expected to exercise restrain on my ire, and not expect too for Robert
to contain that preaching impulse of his.

Excuse me if I'm wrong. Are you developing Emacs on Windows? I think
the answer is not, which wouldn't put you on the receiving end of
Robert's rhetorics. The reason I ask is, three people who hack Emacs
on Windows (Lennart, Eli and myself) have already expressed (in wildly
different ways, of course) the feeling that Roberts diatribes are not
welcome *on technical questions*. So it's not just a matter of what I
do find insulting.

(Now, I know there are other people who hacks Emacs on Windows and
have not expressed an opinion; I'm not claiming 100% agreement here or
anything of that sort.)

Really. I would like to give this issue some rest; I just find hard to
leave "psychological counseling" like the one above pass unchallenged.
It reminds me too much of the "you forgot to take your pills" insults
the kids exchange on Usenet newsgroups.

--
                    /L/e/k/t/u