Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: RMAIL settings [was: Re: w32 does not have emacsclient/server]
Date: 08 Aug 2005 15:25:32 -0400

> Perhaps I'm a bit trigger happy (this list has that effect on me
> sometimes), but what you're saying dangerously treads the patronizing
> border too, at least IM0.

that's for you to decide; i write w/ neither up nor down intention.

> I don't entirely understand why should I be expected to exercise
> restrain on my ire, and not expect too for Robert to contain that
> preaching impulse of his.

personally, i don't expect you to do this, or anyone else to do
anything.  each of us can construct whatever motivation we wish to
support whatever frame of mind we wish.  if one finds ire (or impulsive
preaching or sideways spewfulness) to be useful, by all means revel in
it.  i read, adding an implicit "IMHO" in front of everything, catch the
part i find useful, and let the rest go.

> Excuse me if I'm wrong. Are you developing Emacs on Windows? I think
> the answer is not, which wouldn't put you on the receiving end of
> Robert's rhetorics.

in some sense, i have placed myself on the receiving end (indirectly, by
participating in this thread), even though i don't use windows.

> The reason I ask is, three people who hack Emacs on Windows (Lennart,
> Eli and myself) have already expressed (in wildly different ways, of
> course) the feeling that Roberts diatribes are not welcome *on
> technical questions*. So it's not just a matter of what I do find
> insulting.

ok.

> Really. I would like to give this issue some rest; I just find hard to
> leave "psychological counseling" like the one above pass unchallenged.
> It reminds me too much of the "you forgot to take your pills" insults
> the kids exchange on Usenet newsgroups.

ok.  i'll bow out of this thread now.

thi