Re: Can't interrupt directory_files_internal run from timer-event-handle

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Can't interrupt directory_files_internal run from timer-event-handler
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 20:27:40 -0400

    A combination of file-attributes (looking at the number of links) and
    directory-files should do that, I think.

But...it is using directory-files now, and that is what causes the
problem.  The question is how to avoid using using directory-files.

    I'm not an expert on this, but I think it's impossible to create such
    alternate names, since GNU Find uses this fact to detect directories
    with no subdirectories.

Linux seems to refuse to do this even if you are root.
But I believe that root could do it on Unix at some point.
Maybe that was only in old versions in the early 80s.

It might be that that case is so peculiar that it can safely be
ignored here.  If so, looking at the link count would be ok.