Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: FOR-RELEASE.W32
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 15:23:25 +0100

Lennart Borgman wrote:

I still think FOR-RELEASE.W32 is a good and simple name. However if we think that is to strong and TODO is too weak then we could try something else, but let it be visible! That shows we care and that attracts users.

I think creating a separate file for W32 TODO or FOR-RELEASE items would encourage developers who are interested in w32 to only work on those issues, which is a bad thing.

It is better to put all W32 issues in TODO, or if they are important for release, in FOR-RELEASE, then if only W32 issues are left in FOR-RELEASE, RMS can make the decision to move these issues into TODO to avoid delaying a release.