Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Suggestions for the temporary windows used from the minibuffer
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 23:51:18 +0200

Richard M. Stallman wrote:

   > That is good to know.  (Can you email me the gnome-emacs icon image?)

That image is a picture of a gnu.  That is not really right for this
purpose, which is to distinguish Emacs within a context including
other GNU programs (such as GNOME itself).

So it would be good to replace this; however, I am not sure with what.
There is no particular logo associated with Emacs.
With my earlier mail there where two suggestions from different people. One of these where based on the splash screen that we can see in CVS Emacs today. I thought that the picture there was an Emacs logo?

When considering new icons for Emacs please keep in mind that those must be able to make very small. On w32 the small icons are just 16x16 pixels. That very small icon is shown in the upper left of every window (Emacs frame). Big size icons on w32 are 32x32 (or even 48x48 sometimes). What sizes are they on GNU/Linux?

If anyone can not see them on the webpage where I have put them then I can mail the pictures.