search.texi V1.65: query-replace has a key binding.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: search.texi V1.65: query-replace has a key binding.
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 12:47:04 +0000 (GMT)

In search.texi V1.65, page "Replacement Commands", the reader is told:

    In addition to the simple `replace-string' command which
    replaces all occurrences, there is a `M-x query-replace' command
    which ....

.  Why are we suggesting she use M-x query-replace here, when there's a
perfectly good key binding, M-%, for this command?  I think the key
binding should be mentioned here.  I therefore propose the following
amendment:

2005-08-13  Alan Mackenzie  <address@hidden>

        * search.texi (Replacement Commands): Mention query-replace by
        its key binding.

*** search.texi Sat Aug 13 11:19:55 2005
--- search.texi.new Sat Aug 13 12:25:18 2005
***************
*** 917,923 ****
    Global search-and-replace operations are not needed often in Emacs,
  but they are available.  In addition to the simple @kbd{M-x
  replace-string} command which replaces all occurrences,
! there is a @kbd{M-x query-replace} command which finds each occurrence
  of the pattern and asks you whether to replace it.

    The replace commands normally operate on the text from point to the
! there is @kbd{M-%} (@code{query-replace}), which finds each occurrence

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)