Walking zigzag in a Custom buffer

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Walking zigzag in a Custom buffer
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 22:57:25 +0200

This is probably not very important now but it points to a problem that one day may become important. If you do M-x customize-option RET minibuffer-prompt-properties RET and move around up and down in the buffer you will notice that Emacs seems to be mistaken about the width of the buttons when doing this.

If one looks at "Property:" and "Value:" they seem to be aligned horizontally ok. However placing point at one of those words and moving up and down between them shows that something else in Emacs seems to make a different computation of the button width than was used when displaying the buffer.

This makes me think there is a potential bug.

-----
Beside this I also find the behaviour when walking up and down with the arrow keys between the fields after these prompt strange. Try putting the point at the end of the text in both fields and use the up and down arrows to switch between them. I do not always come back to the same position in the other line. Instead the point is moved to the beginning of the field.