Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:35:48 -0400

    Anyway, it would seem that one way or the other, it should be possible
    to come up with a single name that can be reasonably understood by
    everybody, regardless of the operating system they are using.

The current situation is not a problem, merely slightly suboptimal.
Trying to solve it could easily be a big time sink, so I ask people
not to jump into this issue.  Let's just find out the facts about
the latest version of Windows, and then I'll decide what to do.

I ask everyone to look for ways to contribute to what needs to be
done for the release.