Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: "What's This?" in Describe submenu
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 16:15:00 -0400

> So, to me it sounds like we do something very similar to what you
> described, with 2 notable exceptions: the change in mouse pointer
> shape, and the fact that the help text is not displayed in a tooltip.
> Am I missing something?

I partly agree except that there's yet another difference: Emacs's
describe-key will give you some information about the click you just did,
not about the place you clicked.  I.e. if you left-click on the mode-line it
won't tell you what the mode-line is/does and what a right-click would
have done.
The "usual" What's This thingy would be more akin to showing the
(key-binding [mode-line]).

        Stefan