Re: compile.el

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: compile.el
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:24:40 -0400

    It has another bug: visiting a saved compilation/grep file fails with
    the error message:

      Symbol's value as variable is void: comint-file-name-prefix

I already added an autoload to that variable,
so you just need to update loaddefs.el and rebuild.

    This is trivial to fix - just restore `(boundp 'comint-file-name-prefix)'
    that was there before the patch.  But it has another more severe bug:
    visiting a file in a compilation subdirectory extracted from the line
    `make: Entering directory ...' doesn't work anymore.

Can you send me a precise test case for this?  Then I will debug it.