RE: Minibuffer bindings.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Minibuffer bindings.
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 07:20:29 -0700

      I was wondering why C-p and  C-n are not binded like <up> and <down>
      in  the  minibuffer.

I agree. In fact, as I wrote on 9/01 (RE: make `occur' use word at point as
default), I was thinking this was already the case (RMS corrected me).

Although my main point was that we could redefine some of the redundant
minibuffer bindings that are now equivalent to down/up, I assumed that
C-n/C-p were among these, and I specifically did not suggest that we
redefine those bindings. It's good to have down = C-n and up = C-p, IMO.