Re: New speedbar version

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New speedbar version
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 10:48:06 -0400

> Unfortunately, checking in the new version of Speedbar (which has been
> undergoing development in its own tree for two years) was itself one
> of the items needed for the release.  See, for example,

> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2005-05/msg00202.html

BTW, could whoever worked on this speedbar.el thingy install on a branch the
"original" upstream version, so that in the future we will be able to
trivially extract the local changes we've made (or, equivalently, to easily
install a newer upstream release o n that branch and then ask CVS to do
(most of) the merge for us)?

        Stefan