Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Better default values for tooltip padding and `tooltip-hide-delay'?
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 16:32:54 -0400

> In the original message
> <URL:http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/41032>, I already
> wrote about `occur-mode': I like to highlight the match I'm currently
> interested in by putting the mouse on that line in the *Occur* buffer
> so that that line is highlighted in green.  But then a part of that

Have you tried hl-line-mode in occur buffers?

> difference'.  It's impossible to use the mouse-pointer as a reading-aid
> to check the `fine differences' step-by-step.  Maybe this is ediff's
> fault and ediff should be changed to be less `aggressive'?

Hmm... I'd never seen someone use the mouse pointer as a reading aid (it
seems more common for people to use packages like avoid.el to move the
mouse cursor out of sight).  Obviously in such a case tooltips are
really annoying.  Have you tried M-x tooltip-mode RET ?

        Stefan