RE: wrapper fn for message and minibuffer-message?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: wrapper fn for message and minibuffer-message?
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:52:32 -0700

        `minibuffer-message-at-end' would have no
        effect when the minibuffer is not active.

OK, I understand you now, I think. `message' does this:

if `minibufferp',
   then if `minibuffer-message-at-end'
        then don't erase minibuffer, but append message there
        else temporarily replace minibuffer contents with message
   else temporarily replace any minibuffer contents with message

`minibuffer-message' will just call `message' with non-nil
`minibuffer-message-at-end'. (However, to keep the current behavior in all
cases, it should not call `message' if the minibuffer is not active, but
should instead do nothing.)