Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: 3 dots vanish at end of filled line
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 10:46:44 -0400

    In Emacs-CVS, keeping global-font-lock-mode to nil *should* get rid of such
    highlighting.

I am not sure of that.  There used to be some modes that did
fontification spontaneously.  We changed them so that M-x font-lock
would turn this fontification on and off; but did we change them
also to make it off by default?

    For info-mode, it currently only partly works: it removes the highlighting
    but it doesn't put the ASCII-art underlines back in.  I think it's a bug.

I agree.