Re: Saving minibuffer history

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Saving minibuffer history
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 21:10:51 -0400

>     Please remove emacs-devel from the Cc when discussing such issues.
> Why? This was the gist of my reply:
>   If nothing is gained by breaking backward compatibility, why break it?
> Is that not worthy of consideration as a design/development consideration
> for Emacs?

We're not talking about breaking compatibility, but about fixing it.
I agree we shouldn't break compatibility for no reason, but I think that
preserving backward compatibility is a waste of our time in such a context.
Of course, if Hrvoje wants to distribute his package separately and wants it
to work with Emacs-20, that's perfectly fine and not necessarily a waste of
time, but emacs-devel has a different focus.

        Stefan