Re: File modes facilities.

From: Michael Cadilhac
Subject: Re: File modes facilities.
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 18:42:54 +0200

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Still, adding lisp interactive specs to C functions would be very
>> useful, and much cleaner than having 2*n functions, especially if it's
>> as simple as Kim suggested.
>
> Well almost..., I forgot about changing call-interactvely.
>
> Below is a complete patch (including the necessary patch to
> Fset_file_modes).
>
> Here is an example of how to set the interactive form.
> Of course, it should be changed to recognize octal and ascii forms,
> as the current base 10 form is useless for interactive use:
>
> (put 'set-file-modes 'interactive '(list (read-file-name "File: ")
>                                        (read-number "Modes: ")))

  Very nice ! I really like it this way.

  Now, to  return to the first  point, the chmod  function. The number
  needed as  a mode  needs to  know the file-modes  of the  file being
  chmod'ed (for [Xugo]).

  So we still have to call a lisp function within set-file-modes.

  Or perhaps there's a way to avoid that ?

--
    Michael Cadilhac, a.k.a. Micha [mika] |
                    Epita/LRDE promo 2007 |  Please note that you should