Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: po file charset via auto-coding-functions
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 08:51:06 +1000

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> writes:

> And, functions in auto-coding-functions is called on any
> file, but currently, po-find-file-coding-system is called
> only on *.po file.  I'm not sure which is better, but at
> least there's a difference.

I guess if the file contents are unambiguous, or near enough so, then
it may actually be a good thing to ignore the filename.

Maybe the auto-coding-functions could be called with the filename too,
so they could restrict themselves if they felt the need.
find-auto-coding has that available for the calls, or document that
`filename' is bound, or whatever.