RE: File modes facilities.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: File modes facilities.
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 11:27:14 -0700

    >     Could load-file now be an alias to load-library?

    > Don't load-file and load-library complete the file name differently?

    Yes, slightly.  But if your file name starts with / or ~ (i.e. is an
    absolute file name, as is the default for `load-file' because
    of its default initial value) then the difference is minimal.

I guess I still don't understand. I see this difference in completion
behavior - do you not?

    Go to a directory that is not in your load-path. M-x load-library
    will not complete the name of an Emacs-Lisp file in that directory...
    M-x load-file will complete its name.

I see the default for `load-file' being an absolute file name that is in the
default-directory. I see it completing to any file in that directory. I
don't see `load-library' doing that at all - I see `load-library' completing
only wrt the `load-path'.

Are we talking about the same thing and seeing different behaviors? Am I
seeing different behavior from you because I'm using a old (July) CVS
snapshot? IOW, has this behavior changed?