RE: Q on frame focus with MS Windows

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Q on frame focus with MS Windows
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 08:15:22 -0700

   >It was select-frame-set-input-focus that I was missing - in particular,
    >w32-focus-frame. I thought I had already tried it, but I guess not.

    Or, it is just that it is a bit tricky. I think there might be a race
    condition here. It does not work for me without the
    `run-with-idle-timer' I suggested.

    I believe some part of the frame creation is run asynchronously.

Are you using emacs -q?  I have no problem without the timer and no problem
with it - even using a delay of 0 sec.