Re: pxref

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: pxref
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 10:29:42 -0500

    this has been the case for more than a year.

Not in any released version, which is why I've never seen it.

        Here is another @xref, no parentheses; this ends with a colon and
        is not followed by a blank line:  see Musings on fossil fuels.

    not `*Note'.

Anyway, the original source is wrong if it uses @xref in that context.
@xref is specified precisely to output a capital "See", always.
If/Since Emacs Info now changes it to "see" sometimes, then yes, that
will certainly cause incorrect output and should be changed.  I hope
whoever made the change in info.el can deal with it.  I see nothing to
change in Texinfo itself in this regard.  I certainly don't think we
should change the specification of @xref.

Karl