Re: image-load-path / tool-bar icons / dumped Emacs with images.el

From: David Reitter
Subject: Re: image-load-path / tool-bar icons / dumped Emacs with images.el
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:06:07 +0100

On 21 Oct 2005, at 08:30, Kim F. Storm wrote:

Maybe we can avoid having another variable if we do:

(defmacro at-startup (&rest body)
  `(if (eq before-init-hook t)
       (progn . ,body)
     (setq before-init-hook
       (nconc before-init-hook ',(copy-sequence body))))
  nil)

and set before-init-hook to t after it has been run.

OK, so the current solution initializes image-load-path correctly at run-time. However, because it doesn't do so before (tool-bar-mode 1) is called (startup.el, line 765) for the first time, tool-bar-setup cannot load any images from their locations, so the tool-bar remains empty.

That is, only when you preload image.el into the dump. If you don't - as in the default compile - then image.el gets autoloaded at runtime and the image-load-path is set early enough for tool-bar-setup to find the images.

Maybe it would help to move (run-hooks 'before-init-hook) up before (frame-initialize) ?