Re: gcc and inline [was: Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?]

From: Tomas Zerolo
Subject: Re: gcc and inline [was: Re: New function for gdb-ui.el?]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 10:34:59 +0200

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 10:29:13AM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > If you think that GCC is making bad decisions about what to inline,
> > please send specific bug reports to address@hidden
> The behavior I'm familiar with does not constitute a bug, IMO.  In my
> experience, GCC follows the inline hints very closely, and that's what
> I'd expect.

And my point was that it sometimes doesn't inline where I'd expect it
to -- but its decisions in those cases seem to be better than my
guesses, as far as I have checked. So to me it isn't a bug either
(although my observations seem to differ from those made by Eli ;-)

I'd be willing to make available an example -- if anyone cares.

-- tomás