Re: [Bug] Unusual wide Chinese fonts on w32 (again)

From: Sun Yijiang
Subject: Re: [Bug] Unusual wide Chinese fonts on w32 (again)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 14:34:23 +0800

I made a cvs update and a w32 build, the bug seems gone.  I'm using create-fontset-from-ascii-font and chinese characters with font-lock on, everything seems OK.

2005/10/26, Jason Rumney <address@hidden>:
Sun Yijiang <address@hidden> writes:

> I wonder why this has not been fixed yet, maybe he cannot make tests on his
> computer? It's easy to verify: use `create-fontset-from-fontset-spec' to
> assign a font for chinese-gb2312 and you can see all Chinese chars is 4
> times wide of ascii chars.

I have made a change that fixes this bug. There is still a problem if
create-fontset-from-ascii-font is used with a font with double-width
characters and font-lock is enabled. I think the problem is
limited to Windows because on X always uses separate fonts for
different encodings, but it appears that FONT_WIDTH,
FONT_AVERAGE_WIDTH and the actual character metrics are still not used
in a consistent way throughout the code.