Re: yank in search minibuffer doesn't yank

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: yank in search minibuffer doesn't yank
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 23:01:11 +0900

2005/11/1, David Reitter <address@hidden>:
> > > I don't understand why a fairly specialized functionality (copying
> > > the rest of the current line) is bound to a key where it overrides
> > > one of the most commonly used functions ever.
> >
> > Historical reasons.
>
> Great - we have a chance to write history now :)

I don't particularly care about it, but the issue has come up many
times before; I do not recall whether the lack of change was due to
actual complaints, or merely the the fear of them.  The existing
binding of C-y in isearch is certainly not an _obscure_ binding,
anyway.

-Miles
--
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.