Re: Scrolling up at the end of the buffer

From: Sven Axelsson
Subject: Re: Scrolling up at the end of the buffer
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 16:06:44 +0100

On 02/11/05, Mathias Dahl <address@hidden> wrote:
Lennart Borgman <address@hidden> writes:

> Scrolling up at the end of a buffer moves the last line up from the
> bottom of the screen. It does not seem useful for me. Is this a bug?
> This happens if I use for example `scroll-up'.

I don't understand this. Just now I put the cursor on the last line in
a buffer and pressed C-v (scroll-up) and I only got the "End of
buffer" message.

Presumably the OP means that the last line is scrolled all the way to the top of the screen, instead of staying at the bottom of the screen. It seems that both behaviours are equally common in different editors. Personally I prefer to have the last line stay at the bottom of the screen, but it is no big deal.

--
Sven Axelsson