Support find-tag in Info-mode

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Support find-tag in Info-mode
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 11:06:18 -0800

Try to use M-. on `foo' in Info-mode and you get the error, "Can't find
tag foo'.

I have little experience with syntax entries, but the following fixes
find-tag at the expense of losing the ability to consider a contraction
as part of the same word:

    (add-hook 'Info-mode-hook
              '(lambda ()
                 (modify-syntax-entry ?' "'   ")))

This works for me since I have little need for selecting contractions in
Info-mode. However, I think it would be good to come up with a more
general solution that fixes find-tag in Info-mode. Is there some
syntax-entry magic that can be used, or would it be more appropriate for
find-tag to try stripping a trailing ' if the original search fails?

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden>  http://www.newt.com/wohler/  GnuPG ID:610BD9AD