Re: Multiple debugging sessions

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Multiple debugging sessions
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:22:09 +0200

> From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 02:41:01 -0500
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> Everyone, could we please stop this argument?  It is not constructive.
> Nick already knows it would be desirable to support multiple GDB
> processes in one Emacs process.  Now is the wrong time for such a
> rewrite.  There is nothing here to discuss.

Indeed.  And on top of that, the attitude is extremely unkind to Nick.
I think Nick did a very good job[1] by introducing a feature that was
awaiting a volunteer for years (and continually contributes to GDB on
related issues).

In any case, bashing a volunteer for donating useful code is a bad
mantra; if someone thinks the code isn't good enough, they are free to
do better.

[1] I know people with a generally anti-Emacs orientation who, after
being shown "M-x gdba", told me that this single feature might
convince them to start using Emacs.