Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 19:01:40 +0900

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:
> agree with Juri, that the slightly different behavior of M-# is
> extremely inconvenient.  IMO this should be fixed, by making M-#
> advance to (like M-u does!).

Sounds fine to me.

> BUT, in general I think, that Emacs as a whole should be as consistent
> as possible.

Sure, consistency, in general, is good.  But absolute consistency is not
necessary; sometimes it's more important to retain historical bindings,
or to favor local consistency over global consistency.

-miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.