Re: Time to install the new icons

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Time to install the new icons
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 01:00:52 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

I use -kb for all the files, and beyond that didn't need anything
The *.png files are marked -kb anyway, so I cannot imagine what
could be the problem.

The problem is that the *.png files are NOT marked -kb. I had to check
them out with -kb explicitly.

The icon from Andrew actually include versions for 256 colors and 32-bit colors (which I believe is for xp), but no 24-bit color version.

Windows 2000 and later support alpha transparency, so the 32 bit icons
should work there. Versions of windows before that only supported 256
colors in icons IIRC. So 24 bit versions are not needed.

Since we have a 16x16 icon, it should be included in the .ico files
along with the 32x32 and 48x48 versions so we do not end up with an
ugly scaled down mess like we have now.