Re: Documentation for Outline mode's hide-leaves is unclear

From: Richard M. Stallman
Subject: Re: Documentation for Outline mode's hide-leaves is unclear
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 22:58:34 -0500

The message below points out a conflict between the code of
hide-leaves and most of its documentaion.  We need to change one or
the other.

It is easy to change hide-leaves to do what the manual says.
But it's clear that the code was intentionally written
to do what it does, and the command's doc string accords
with the code.  Since I don't use Outline mode, I don't
have a basis to judge which change is better.

Do others here who really use Outline mode have a preference,
or an argument, for what is right here?