Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc

From: Ryan Yeske
Subject: Re: Key-binding clash between gnus and calc
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:19:04 -0800

   From: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
   CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
   Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:20:58 -0500

       > With all the recent talk about global bindings and calc, I thought I
       > should mention that the recently added rcirc package includes two
       > global bindings after it is loaded:

   I had missed that part.  rcirc should not bind any C-c keys globally.
   They are reserved for users, for major modes, or for minor modes.

What about C-x SPC?

   Remember that loading rcirc can occur even without running it.
   It's not right for loading the file to bind any keys.

Is it acceptable to bind a global key when M-x rcirc is run?

Ryan